Crostata di Pere - Pear Tart
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 200g of flour
- 50g of almond powder
- 2 egg yolks
- 125 g of unslated butter (cut into small pieces)
- 100g of sugar
For the filling:
- 4 small pears
- 250g of ricotta cheese
- 3 yolks
- 120g of sugar
- 50g of chopped almonds
- 3 spoons of peach jam
- 1 lemon
1) Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the almonds, butter and mix by hand until the dough is mix thoroughly.
2) Combine the egg yolks and sugar and cover with a damp cloth and place in a refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3) Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and line a flan dish (24 cm) with baking paper and place the rolled out pastry and bake at 180° for 15 minutes.
1) Mix the ricotta in a bowl with a fork, then add the egg yolks and sugar and mix well.
2) Peel the pears, cut them into quarters and remove the core, then squeeze a little amount of lemon juice over the pears to prevent them from discolouring.
3) Spread the ricotta mix in the partially baked dough in the flan dish and alternating the direction place the sliced pears.
4) Brush them with warmed jam, sprinkle with almonds and continue cooking in the oven at 180° for 20 minutes.